The new building/extension
The school has had approval for a new build and extension which started during the February half term holiday. This has been agreed due to increasing school numbers from September 2017.
The work is to be split into a number of key areas, which are;
- Knocking down and rebuilding the foundation unit (this will include a Nursery classroom, Reception classroom, cloakrooms, staff/intervention space) and a foundation playground
- Extending the current Y2, Y5 and Y4 classrooms
- Knocking the current Y1, Y6, Y3 classrooms into 2 classrooms and creating a library/ICT area
- New heating
- New lighting in the main hall
- New filter system in the kitchen
- Creating separate offices/PPA room/intervention room in the main entrance to school and installing new doors to keep the children safer
We have been assured that the work will be completed ready for the start of the Autumn term at the beginning of the 2017/18 academic year. However we will be working on the timescale with the planners and construction team and will keep parents/carers informed throughout.